Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sugar and Spice...

It is a well known fact in my family that I cried for three days when I found out Eliza was a girl one month before she was born. I thought she was a boy. I was ready for a boy. It was one more head of hair I would have to do. I got over it fast. She is wonderful. I am really enjoying this time with her. Today she helped grandma and I make strawberry jam. Her job was to stir. And I must say she did a great job!

another skivvy picture at pine valley


Our easy going girl



trademark bows, doing her hair isn't so bad! Lindsey and Emily used to tell people that I didn't want a girl because I would have to do her hair!

...And eveything nice. Thats what little girls are made of. Thanks for not being a boy! I am sure glad that Aunt Becky had a boy so she could use the boy blessing outfit I bought for you!
A few weeks ago the photographer who did Sara and Neils wedding set up a photo shoot for Gracie. She called today to tell me they were finished. She did a fantastic job. It is so good to see my little Gracie photographed so beautifully. Check out this link to see a slide show of the pictures, just put brownbaby in for the pass code. Thanks Shellee, this means the world to me
http://www.photographybyshellee.com/pickpic/gallery/login.php

Enjoy

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love my Liza baby. I am still a little bitter that you didn't give her to me, you promised! But I know why you want to keep her, she is the sweetest:) Liza, good job on the jam, will you share some with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics... how will you ever decide which ones to have printed up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those girls!! So fun for Eliza! Those pictures of Gracie make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie!! You are lucky to have some time with her this year! Enjoy that yummy jam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! And Eliza is too stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat slideshow of Grace! I watched it during recess and when the students came back in they wondered why there were tears in my eyes. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have those pictures of Gracie! They are precious! Eliza is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those turned out so sweet! Babies make me cry. Especially Gracie because she is such a little miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you how much I love this post. I love the pictures of Gracie. They are priceless. But even more, I love the story of how you didn't want to do another girls hair. A week after I found out Becca was to be a girl (my 3rd as well) I was FIGHTING Kayla and Ash on their hair and I started crying. More hair?!!! However, I know we wouldn't trade our girls for anything!!!

    ReplyDelete