Monday, August 10, 2009

where we have been, how far we have come.


I feel the need to write. To share our story. My precious baby. I look at her everyday and can see the miracles handed down from Heavenly Father. My heart can not even begin to express the profound love I have in my heart for my children. For the miracle baby that is ours. During family home evening tonight the kids were trying to get Gracie to fold her arms for the prayer. How sweet that ones so small are trying to teach someone smaller than them. Gracie has been home for three weeks now and is thriving. Sometimes I sit and hold her and marvel that I got to see her grow so much. I have watched her change and have the looks of each one of my children (right now she looks the most like Tyler, who knows what next week will bring.) Sometimes I am so mad that my body is so depleted and that I have no energy, I want the old me back. And then I kiss her tiny "brown" lips and smell her sweet breath and I gain a sense of peace. Today I went to the breakfast for the teachers at the school. It felt good to go there and get the confirmation that I made the right decision to not go back to teaching this year. I am excited to get to stay home with sweet Grace. I keep telling my kids that even though I love them, the best birthday present I will get is when they all go back to school on the 13th (Washington Elementary is the happiest place on earth!) I can't believe that we made it through this summer. I didn't think we would. Through this whole experience I prayed that my children would be safe and cared for. They were, thanks to all of you. I know that my prayers were answered. Even in the darkest times when I wonder how this happened, and why anyone so small should have to fight for their life, I am reminded of the plan. That we chose this. I am so happy I chose to be a mom. Thankyou Ben, Thankyou Linsdey, Thankyou Emily, Thankyou Tyler, Thankyou Eliza, Thankyou Gracie for making me realize my true calling.

7 comments:

  1. Thankyou Andrea for so faithfully giving up your all for a child of God. I am so glad you are my child!!! I worked just as hard to get you. And you were worth it. Love you, MOM (PS- your blog was quite the tear jerker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry at work!! That is so nice! I love your little Brownie Bites too:) You have been such a good example of motherhood to me over the years, no wonder I have been so excited to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your mom and Sara, it made me cry too! I too love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything! I read this quote the other day-"When raising young children, remember: the days are long, but the years are short!" Isn't that the truth! Hang in there and yeah for you on the kids starting school so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet....I have tears in my eyes too! You are such a strong women, and I am so glad for you to have a little rest starting on the 13th!! Happy Birthday!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me cry too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a good cry. I'm so glad that everything is working out for you. We continue to pray for Grace every day.

    ReplyDelete