Thursday, January 21, 2010

she's not cordless anymore

We are home. Ben says she isn't cordless anymore. We forgot what it is like to carry a baby around with oxygen. A couple of times I have picked her up and forgot the oxygen tank which made for some pretty squished faces when I walked away. Poor baby. It looks like she has viral pnemonia. She received another steriod shot today and we will see how she is doing tomorrow. She is starting to perk up a little bit and act like her self. While we were in the hospital she was fussing around and I nearly gave her the oreo cookie wrapper to entertain herself but I didn't think the nurses would appreciate that. She found the next best thing. Her oxygen hose. It's handy and doesn't fall on the floor. It's a good thing she doesn't have any teeth because she would bite right through it.
I had an interesting conversation with the house keeper at the hospital yesterday. She was the kindest woman. She looked a lot like grandma Wilkey and had a thick German accent. She radiated the most wonderful spirit. She reminded that there is joy in life no matter what the circumstances. She was born during the war and she said that to this day a simple chocolate bar thrills her. I concurred because I am thrilled by chocolate too! Mostly I sucked in the positiveness that came from her. What a simple blessing for me. It was also Eliza's fourth birthday yesterday. Thanks to a great mom and sister she got her presents and her little birthday party. I was all set to make these awesome pink lemonade cupcakes when everything came down with Gracie. Check out the picture below. A candle makes anything pretty! Thanks mom and Sara for cutting your vacation short and coming at the drop of a hat when I called. You are the BEST! Thanks for all the phone calls and prayers. We have really felt them.


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe Liza is 4! She was so cute on the phone. And Gracie, I hope you get better fast so you can be cordless again! Love you all! Love,
    Auntie Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracie will be in our prayers too! And happy birthday to Liza! Everyone is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to talk to you! Your header turned out great! Hope you were able to get a break and do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gracie get with the times and get cordless already! I love you all:)

    ReplyDelete