Friday, April 9, 2010

Eating the leftovers

Photography by Eliza




Any takers? I was sitting at the computer this morning and looked over and realized that this apple has been sitting on my counter for two days. I keep thinking that someone is going to want to eat it. And I am tired of cleaning up messes. This is my way of rebelling. I will pick up the rest of the house, but the darn apple is going to have to stay unless someone else does something with it. Do you feel like your kids waste a lot of food? Mine do. My dad just said that we should just throw dollar bills away instead of feeding the kids. The funny thing is that my kids have been known to eat worse (than the apple), the latest find was the bag of goldfish crackers floating around the bottom of my car floor, with bits of grass and rocks mixed in. You should have seen Tyler and Eliza duke it out from their car seats. I never knew their arms could reach that far. This prompted me to scour the floor of the car and come up with a slightly sticky lolipop from the bank that I could buy Eliza off with. Who am I kidding. The other day I found a peppermint patty (left over from Christmas) once again, on the floor of the car and ate it. I needed a little sugar rush to make it through car pool.
Back to the apple. My kitchen would be clean if it were not for this apple floating around. I think I subconciously want Gracie to pick it up in her tiny hands and gum at it for awhile. At least it wouldn't go to waste! The weird thing is that it didn't even turn brown it just kind of mummified. I guess I could carve a face in it and have a shrunken head in a few days. I guess I could, if I had a art bone in my body. I checked. I don't. I am going to look for a snack in my car.




3 comments:

  1. Haha! That post made me laugh!

    Oh, and I often have apples like that sitting on my counter. I don't want to be wasteful, so it sits there in case Kaylee decides to finish it (she never does). I finally throw it away once it's mushy and gross. I don't feel as bad throwing out mushy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, grrroooosssss I can't wait to have 4 more kids! Poor Gracie, she is smart enough to know that apple is past it's prime! I love Eliza's pictures. I don't have an artsy bone in my body either, it's not in our genes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for making me laugh out loud tonight!! I am right there with you sister suffragette!! Although, I can't say my kitchen would be clean if someone would eat an apple....no, my downfall was giving Randy a egg salad sandwich for dinner.....YUCK!!! I guess I will get to it, instead of stalking blogs!

    ReplyDelete