Sunday, November 22, 2009

chrysanth E mum

Today I introduced Emily to the wonderful world of Anne of Green Gables. She had a "fake" sore throat and needed to stay home from church today. I'm pretty sure she just needed some mommy and Gracie time! I put on the old video of it and while she watched it I watched her. Her favorite part was when Anne mistook the cherry cordial and gave Dianna current wine instead. Emily loves anything naughty and seeing Diana so sloshed and tripping all over the place really gave her a thrill!

Emily is my shy girl. We have started many activities and then quit because she is to petrified go by herself. This is the first year of school that she has not cried every day and hung on my leg when I drop her off. You can imagine how primary goes every Sunday. I blame myself for her shyness. When she was a baby I was holding her during a thunderstorm when a blot of lightning struck in our back yard. I screamed so loud that she literally went into a daze and took quite a while coming out of it. After that anytime there was a loud noise she would hit the floor and lay there. Poor baby. To compensate for this she looks for anything daring and crazy that she can do. She climbs and Jumps off of everything. Last year she had a broken foot and I didn't do anything about it for a month because she kept doing all her usual activities! She was popping wheelies on her bike at four and rollerblading down the hill at top speeds by five. Right now her favorite past time is hanging off my plant shelves. She wants a unicycle, and I am sure she can master it. She is kind and spunky. When you can get her to sit down and open up she is delightful.

I give you Emily















I have been thinking about Christmas presents. Have you? I found this and I think it could possibly be the most perfect present for any parent. I am really hoping that I get one for Christmas and kicking myself for not thinking of it first! Check it out and let me know what you think! Seriously the best parental invention ever!







3 comments:

  1. Oh my word- first of all, today I was thinking "I really want to watch Anne of Green Gables!" I wish I lived in SG so we could skip church with our babies together! And that was so scary when that lightning struck, poor baby Emily! She is so cute! I totally have a picture of her poppin a wheelie on her bike and it was when Liza was brand new, so Emily was like 3 or 4! I want to ride a unicycle too! Well, Syd is screaming, better run. Oh, and that product...awesome, can you order me one too? Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Emsabug! She is so cute! I wanted to stay home from church yesterday too, but because my back and leg hurt really bad! I can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete