Saturday, October 3, 2009

marathon bubbles

First things first. We hit a milestone at our house. It has been five months in the making. Drumroll please...Gracie graduated to size 1 diapers! Hip hip horray. The progression of diapers. Micropreemie Preemie Size 1
We went to the St. George marathon today. It is one of my favorite things to do in St. George. The weather is perfect and the air is filled with excitement, encouragement, and hope. For me it marks the beginning of fall. We like to stand at the finish line and cheer the runners on. It is amazing when a runner is coming that doesn't look like they are going to make it. The crowd goes wild cheering them on. I have seen people pass out, throw up, and legs buckle like jello, stand up and make it because of the support from the crowd. It is a truly amazing experience. Emily was getting restless today so I gave her my camera to take pictures. This is the marathon through a six year olds eyes.

Self portrait

Way awesome mid air stride

There were quite a few random pictures of feet, legs, and an especially great one of my behind!

picture of a girl in the readers digest that she brought to entertain herself. She also took a closeup picture of the bagel bites, very artistic!

Emily and grandpa

Huge popsicles, one of the reasons we go to the marathon.



I took this of gracie the other night and I thought it was priceless. Ben and I are still amazed every minute of the day that this little baby is ours. The red spot on her chest is a strawberry hemangioma. We like to think of it as her identification mark!









5 comments:

  1. Gracie is so cute!!!! I miss that baby! And that picture of the girl running is awesome! Did Emily really take that? Are you guys coming to Sara's baptism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, nice pictures Em:) Gracieis such a doll! I love you guys:) Oh, I HAVE to wear the black and grey dress next weekend okay? It's the only thing that fits my huge belly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had fun at the marathon! I went with your family a couple of years ago and it was awesome to be at the finish line. I'm jealous--I wanted to go, but couldn't talk anyone into going with me yesterday. I'm glad for Emily's pictures to see what it was like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are the funniest pictures in the world .Esppecially the one in the Readers Digist. I thought it was funny.

    Love your adorable doughter
    Lindsey Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy oh Boy! The picture of Gracie in the bubbles is so beautiful! Congrats on the diaper graduation too!! Hope she stays in size one for a while (you get the most diapers for your money!!)

    ReplyDelete