Monday, September 21, 2009

postcards from Carillon beach

Dear family and friends,


Hello from Carillon beach. Today I saw this little bird. It reminded me of Tyler. It had teeny tiny stick legs, like Tyler. It ran really fast, like Tyler. It picked up little things, like Tyler does. I guess it is time to go home when the local wildlife reminds you of your children!


Love and stuff,


Andrea
















Dear sisters,


Gracie and I are feeling very rested. Are you sleeping at night Sara? Becky, is Randy sleeping at night? Are you still flirting with the dental student Rachel? Can't wait to see you all.





xoxox Andrea







Dear Tarre and Michelle,
We missed having you here. Ben and dad needed a rip roaring game of settlers. I needed someone to drink diet coke with, wait I can do that by myself. It's just more fun with my fellow rock star! I wore the traveling skirt and thought about you. Can't wait to see you. Is softball over?

Love,
Ben the snorkeler and Andrea the rock star





Dear kids,
Just sit right back and you'll hear tale, a tale of a fateful ship. That something,something,something,something.....a three hour tour, a three hour tour. I will sing it to you when I get home.
Today daddy and I went on a catamaran boat to swim with the dolphins. We snorkeled at shell island and then we went to find the dolphins. We found them and we got in the water but they didn't come to us. Too bad. See you tomorrow night. Are you ready to leave Fillmore?

Love,
dad and mom

ps please find your shoes so we can bring them home with us.











Dear mom and dad,
Aren't you glad that you have such a sassy daughter? Thanks for letting us tag along on your vacation. We had a blast! You are the best. Enjoy the rest of your time at the house and come home well rested (you will need to, my kids will attack you the minute you walk in the door!)

Love,
the oldest one






Dear Lloyd and Alice,

Thanks for raising such a nice son. I am really glad that you sent him over to meet me, and that the Sandersons had the birthday candles you needed. Our kids love you both so much. They are so glad that they have a grandma who teaches them things. Thanks for all your help this summer.
love,
the girl with the short brown hair and your son.


Dear Tyler and Eliza,
lets play eye spy. Don't cry if you don't see it right away. You will still get a turn.

Eye spy with my little eye something that is gray.

Is it a dolphin?

Why yes, yes it is.

Your turn.

love,
mommy


Dear Becky B,
Tonight we went biking around Carillon beach. I felt like I was at New Orleans square at Disneyland. The houses look like the haunted old mansion, only A LOT nicer. I am writing this hopping that one day you will make a comment!!!!! Remember when we didn't have 4 and 5 children? I miss you.
The girl teetering on the edge,

Andrea







Dear Becky W.


Today ben and I saw some wave runners on the ocean. Remember when I threw you off the back of the wave runner at Lake Powell and the stream of water hit your backside? :( I am so sorry, that is a powerful stream of water. Although, while I am writing this I am laughing a little, just a little.
see you


Andrea




Dear Uncle Walt, Aunt Ann, Uncle Garth, Aunt Linda and Grandma,
I hope you are ready for a awesome time here. It will be everything you want it to be! Thanks for coming to see Gracie in the hospital. It meant a lot to me and Ben to have you there.
Love,
I am pretty sure your favorite niece and granddaughter.


Andrea





Good night, sleep tight, tomorrow we go back to reality. Hip, hip, hooray!










6 comments:

  1. oh cute! But just so you know, I am their favorite niece!!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time! I hope I get to go there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should stay there a little longer...I love reading the updates on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny:) No, I am not sleeping, I have been up since 3 with a headache, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I just laughed my guts out.....!! Yes, I do remember that wave runner trip......OUCH!! Glad you had a good time and got rejuvinated!!! P.S. NO! Randy is not sleeping.....either is Evie.....I am a zombie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fun trip! You are a great blogger! I loved your "letters" home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea,
    What a CUTE idea for a blog post!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Carillon Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete