Monday, September 7, 2009

Tiny Blessings

We did it! Check one more thing off the list! We blessed Gracie! Hooray! She is getting bigger and better everyday. She is off her oxygen completely and only on the other monitor at night. A friend said to me "she isn't a project anymore, she's a real baby!" It's true. We have been waiting to bless her until we felt like she wasn't so fragile. I went to church late (so people couldn't touch her) with her wrapped up tight in a blanket. We left after she was blessed, again so people wouldn't touch her. I was a tiny bit panicked when the little girl behind us started to cough up a lung. Oh boy, I am a germaphob now. We figured out that 33 years ago to the day I was blessed in this dress that my Grandma Joyce made. Grandma also made the white blanket that I have used for all my childrens blessings. Now little baby Schmalz will get to use it. Thanks Gigi. I know she was watching us from heaven.
The Dress
The shoes
The tiny star







The family

Grace Elizabeth Brown

I think I am excited about this!


The food, thanks mom.

The people.......








The sisters

The Grandma
The birthday present from Michelle. Awesome (kind of naughty:) ) birthday present! I am a ipoder and a blogger now!

The skinny girl (not me, Michelle :) )

The nap, on cousin Sydney and Auntie Sara
The end
















6 comments:

  1. That was such an amazing day! I am so happy for you that Gracie is doing so much better. I am sitting in the computer lab reading your blog and I started to cry and had to quickly restrain myself. I am such a girl (not really).

    I am so glad that our baby will be blessed with the blanket that your grandmother made. I love that lady. Both of my grandma's passed away many years ago and I really feel like Joyce was my grandma too. Okay I am starting to cry again so I have to stop that train of thought.

    Congratulations on blessing Gracie, she is a beautiful baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous weekend! She is so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! And how neat that she got to wear your same blessing dress :) Love the pics, what a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was the greatest weekend! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative!!! What a great post, and great weekend!! Enjoy your week of solitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea... I'm Tamara (Wilkey) Simon's friend, and I emailed you shortly after Gracie was born. I had a 30-weeker last September. Anyway... I check in on your blog occasionally, and I have to tell you - I think little Gracie is one of the most BEAUTIFUL little girls I have seen in a long time. She is so sweet and she looks like she is doing fantastic! Hooray for healthy preemies!

    ReplyDelete