Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Highlights

Tonight after dinner the kids were working on their homework. Emily told me that she was feeling tired. When I turned around this is how I found her, completely asleep! First grade is hard work! At dinner we take turns giving our highlights for the day. Tonights dinner included these:
Lindsey: going to school and eating dinner with my family.
Emily: Playing with friends and eating dinner with my family.
Tyler: Making applesauce at school and eating dinner with my family.
Eliza: Going to school and eating dinner with my family.
Gracie: Lindsey answered for her in a high pitched baby voice...sleeping!
Ben: Having Eliza being so excited to see me after work and eating dinner with my family.

So before I could answer this I had to think hard for a highlight, It's been one of those days and we were eating tater tot casserole again (eww)....I was surprised that everyone liked eating dinner as a family. Usually dinner time is my least favorite time of the day. The kids are tired, I am tired, I have already made breakfast lunch and snacks. The last thing I want to do is make dinner. I looked around the table and realized that my highlight was eating dinner with my family too. I am making an honest effort to feed my family so now I need your help. I need some new recipes, and I know you have them! I am counting on you people out there in the blogging world to step up and give me some recipes! Post them in the comments or email them to me a bena_brown at yahoo.com.
I am super excited to try new things so don't let me down!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh I will have to think of a really good one! I did give you Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches, but I will get another great Sherry recipe for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bringing home the recipe for Carrilon Beach Clam Chowder. You KNOW how good that was. Be sure and have clams and cream in your house. I'll bring the Key Lime Pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out www.gloriousgloriousfood.blogspot.com. I made the blog and with the help of friends and family we have posted a lot of yummy recipes that we have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that all of your kids said that! I have a gluten free blog that has lots of good easy recipes (they're normal recipes that just happen to not have gluten). Making dinner has always been the hardest part of my day, so I've been working on getting a bunch of easy recipes of food that I'll actually look forward to eating. glutenfreeinutah@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea - dinner ended up being a great part of our family's day as well - and now that we're empty nesters (can you believe it), it still is with just the two of us.

    I'll see what I can do to get you some recipes.
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I don't cook... but that picture of Emily is so cute! She is so sweet when she is asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend and I are making freezer meals next week (I also made a bunch last month)... I'll pass on the recipes once we decide what to do. I'm loving the concept because you spend 1 or 2 days cooking and have a freezer full:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are links to several food blogs and sites on my blog. I've actually tried several of them. One I really liked was the Southwest Chicken Wontons from Picky Pallate. Also, the chicken alfredo pizza on gloriousglorious food is yummy! There are a lot of great recipes out there. I too am making and honest, HAPPY, loving effort to feed my family. Somedays are better than others! Your kids are so cute to say that dinner with there family was their favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to call Neil for his beef stroganoff recipe, it is yummy:) PS I don't make it, he does or I would give you the recipe myself!

    ReplyDelete