Thursday, September 3, 2009

Today it rained. For the first time in months. For all of 10 minutes. The first 25 drops fell and then the wind blew the red dirt from the construction behind our house and coated our windows. Do you know why it rained? I washed my windows yesterday. The doorbell rang and I answered to find this. The Desert children. Who don't really know what rain is, or any cold weather. Tyler cried when it snowed at our house last year,...he was scared. The drops were not quite enough to cool them off so they ran under the neighbors drainpipe to get a thourough soaking.

Rain in St. George is hot and muggy. Not cool and refreshing like the raintorms of my childhood.


Free from the hot dusty wind, they dance.


Keep dancing the cement isn't quite wet.




Thats better.







2 comments:

  1. Oh I love my little Brownie Bites. What a good mom to let them run and dance in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shot of Liza, haha, she is so funny, I can't wait to see your kids! And I forgot that when it snowed Tyler said "There are bugs all over the lawn!" he sure was freaked out!

    ReplyDelete